Results for the 2015 Grin N Bear it Challenge are below. Congratulations to everyone who competed.
A list of all 185 competitors for the event with 11 solo entries and 48 teams
Grin N Bear It – List of Competitors
Looking for overall time and place, check out the simple results format below. This include overall place, as well as individual categories.
For more details on the individual stages of the race and times and rank, check out the results below. The 4 sectors in the results represent the Swim, Kayak, Mountain Bike and Run and the time shown, is how long it took to complete each stage. The rank next to the time, is the rank for that stage, either overall or by category
Some interesting statistics from the race
- 100% of the field completed the event.
- The difference between the fastest overall time of the 4 person Male Team of Northern Beaches Swim School (4:58:10) to the final place Solo Male Trevor Ayson (10h33:31) was just on 5 hours 35 minutes. Amazing effort Trevor.
- The fastest swim leg was Jarrod Poort of Northern Beaches Swim School in a time of 21 minutes 55 seconds
- The fastest Kayak leg was Jason Edwards of Jas-Dom-Nath in a time of 58 minutes 36 seconds. The only team to break 1 hour for the Kayak
- The fastest Mountain Bike leg was Oliver Phillips of Northern Beaches Swim School in a time of 2 hours 33 minutes 30 seconds.
- The fastest Run leg was Mat Turner of Northern Beaches Swim School in a time of 57 minutes 56 seconds. The only team to break 1 hour for the run.
- Queen of the Mountain went to Sue Crowe in 1h10:13
- King of the Mountain went to Dominic Hoyal (0h58:11). Oliver Phillips was only 7 seconds back (0h58:18) and we’re not sure who the rider was, but the Young Guns were only a further 4 seconds back (0:58:22) for third fastest from the transition to the top of Mt Edith.
Check out the video (click on the image below) from the 2015 event courtesy of the amazing Phlip Vids